This two (2) day course outlines the best practice in contract management principles and practices with a special focus on either traditional fully documented or specialised contracts.
This course explores the procurement process; the structure of contracts and options available; the relationship between parties; interpretation of the contract clauses and requirements; and best practices in contract management and administration.
Download course outline
This course is suitable for professionals undertaking the following roles:
- Project managers
- Contract managers and administrators
- Procurement professionals
- Project engineers
- Contractor’s design team
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of procurement in achieving strategic goals
- Identify contract components and understand the various contract systems available.
- Selecting the appropriate contract for the project
- Selecting/negotiating the offer that represents the best value for the buyer (price vs. value)
- Understand the contract’s legal implications (fully documented or ‘design and build’)
- Overview of requirements, documents, specifications, plans and processes
- Structure of the contract
- Options within the contract
- Roles of the parties under the contract
- Information or documents supplied by Principal / Owner
- Interpretation of the contract clauses
- Deliverables by the Owner
- Deliverables by the Contractor
- Deliverables by the Contractor’s design team under ‘design and build’ model
- Work flow and timing (and the differences between fully documented and ‘design and build’)
- Quality assurance, OH&S and environment requirements
- Contract administration duties and processes
- Rules of contract interpretation in project disputes – the 10 rules of contract interpretation
- Face to face or Virtual trainer delivered two (2) day course.
- Undertake individual and group led activities to support practical application
- Includes additional reference resources.
- Students receive certificate of completion at end of course
- Overview of all phases of contracting
- Contract essential elements
- Contract performance and non-performance
- Tendering – the process of transformation and motivation theories
- Negotiation and influencing strategies
- Contract management and administration