This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. The job roles that relate to this qualification may include project manager and project team leader.
Individuals in these roles have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.Download course outline
This course is designed for all industries that rely on project
management to deliver projects and initiatives. Roles may
• BSBPMG530 Manage project scope.
• BSBPMG531 Manage project time.
• BSBPMG532 Manage project quality.
• BSBPMG533 Manage project cost.
• BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources.
• BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication.
• BSBPMG536 Manage project risk.
• BSBPMG537 Manage project procurement.
• BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement.
• BSBPMG539 Manage project governance.
• BSBPMG540 Manage project integration.
• BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness.
Students will undertake a range of learning activities to gain the skills and knowledge required to achieve competency in the assessments for each unit of competency.
The course will run over a 12-month duration and will include:
Students will be required to undertake pre-enrolment activities to ensure they understand all course requirements and their commitment to studying a vocational qualification.
These activities include:
• Watch a short orientation video that explains the course
requirements and structure.
• Complete the orientation questionnaire to demonstrate
understanding of the information learned from the video.
• Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) quiz to ensure
their foundations skills and knowledge support undertaking the qualification level they are enrolling in.
The assessments are designed to cover a range of skills and knowledge required to demonstrate the achievement of the course objectives. Our assessment tools includes:
• A knowledge assessment.
• Gathering of workplace project documentation evidence.
• Evidence of practical application in a project environment.
Students will be required to complete all assessment requirements and attend learning sessions to be deemed competent in each unit of competency.
Upon completion of all units of competency, students will be entitled to receive an Australian qualification from the Institute of Management. Students who do not complete the entire course, but do complete individual units will be entitled to a statement of attainment.