Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide to program management. The foundation course provides participants with a solid understanding of MSP concepts. The Foundation Certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner Certification.
The training is a scenario-based course focusing on the application of MSP under different program environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all MSP elements are included throughout the training.
Download course outline
There are no specific pre-requisites. Some appreciation of the ideas and principles of services may be useful to provide context.
- Experienced program managers who need to be able to work effectively in an MSP environment.
- Senior project managers seeking to advance to Program Management Centre of Excellence staff who need a solid understanding of MSP to tailor the method for their organisations.
- Strategy implementation planners who need an effective framework for planning and implementing major transformational change.
- Project and program support staff wishing to learn how to operate effectively in an MSP environment.
- Anyone wishing to round out their resume with a formal, internationally recognised program management certification.
- Project managers and program office staff keen to develop their skills and identify opportunities for further career advancement.
Delivery Strategy - eLearning only
- Self-paced eLearning course (3 month expiry).
- Online examination accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week (12-month expiry).
- Access to hardcopy textbook and learning resources.
Delivery Strategy - instructor led
Instructor led sessions can be provided in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
The course is typically a 4-day course depending on the learning needs of the cohort.
Enquire about our next instructor-led cohort.
- Understand MSP integrated elements and their relationships, building on the candidate’s own experience and knowledge of large-scale change.
- Understand the benefits thread through MSP which ensures that the entire program is predicated and focused on realisation of benefits.
- Understand how MSP could be applied in real-life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment.
- Receive careful and detailed preparation for the foundation exam.
- Multiple choice.
- 60 minute duration.
- 35 out of 70 pass mark.
- Closed book.
Requirements to Receive the Certification
Successful completion of the exam will enable students to receive their certificate direct from PeopleCert.
Exam Terms and Conditions
By enrolling in this course you acknowledge that a 12-month exam voucher will be purchased and issued to you, it is your responsibility to book your own exam.
By enrolling in this course you acknowledge that the exam is a single attempt examination. Following successful completion of the exam a digital certificate will be issued from the certifying body.
Students will receive a Digital version of the textbook.
- Programs in context.
- Identifying a program.
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement.
- Benefits management.
- Quality and assurance management.
- Defining a program.
- Planning and control.
- Business case.
- Risk and issue management.
- Managing the tranches.
- Delivering the capability.
- Realising the benefits.
- Adopting MSP.
- Foundation examination.