BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Download course outline
This course is targeted at and for anyone who currently or aspires to lead and manage staff. Roles such as:
- Coordinator (Business Operations)
- Warehouse Team Leader
- Distribution Centre Supervisor
- Line Manager
- Leading Hand
- Production Supervisor
- Sales Team Manager
- Team Leader
- Frontline Sales Manager
- Freight Administrative Supervisor
Units of Competency
Total number of units = 12
5 core units
7 elective units
- BSBLDR411 – Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 – Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 – Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 – Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBLDR414 – Lead team effectiveness
- BSBSTR401 – Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS411 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBPEF402 – Develop personal work priorities
- BSBOPS404 – Implement customer service strategies
- BSBCMM411 – Make presentations
- Develop the fundamental skills of being an effective people manager
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to others
- Assume responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of your team and its work outcomes
- Apply relevant knowledge and skills in a range of management initiatives to guide your team, including WHS, workplace operations, team building, customer service, project management and risk management
Students will undertake a range of learning activities to gain the skills and knowledge required to achieve competency in the assessments for each unit of competency.
The course will run over a 12-month duration and will include:
- eLearning modules covering the learning requirements for all elements in each unit of competency.
- 8 Trainer led revision activities on applicable project management topics delivered in 1-day blocks.
- Independent research and workplace learning to apply the learned skills and knowledge.
- Podcasts and industry videos providing a range of learning information in project management.
Students will be required to undertake pre-enrolment activities to ensure they understand all course requirements and their commitment to studying a vocational qualification. These activities include:
- Watch a short orientation video that explains the course requirements and structure.
- Complete the orientation questionnaire to demonstrate understanding of the information learned from the video.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) quiz to ensure their foundation skills and knowledge support undertaking the qualification level they are enrolling in.
The assessments are designed to cover a range of skills and knowledge required to demonstrate the achievement of the course objectives. Our assessment tools includes:
- A knowledge assessment.
- Gathering of workplace project documentation evidence.
- Evidence of practical application in a project environment.
Requirements to Receive Qualification
Students will be required to complete all assessment requirements and attend learning sessions to be deemed competent in each Unit of Competency.
Upon completion of all units of competency, students will receive their BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice from the Institute of Management. Students who only complete some Units of Competency will receive a Statement of Attainment detailing those Units.
If a hard copy of the award is requested, a fee of $50 will be charged.
There are currently no openings available for this course.