This two (2) day course aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform advanced tasks in Microsoft Project.
Participants will learn how to split views for different information, enter task details in Task Form, how to sort, group, and filter information, including using AutoFilters.
This course will help elevate competent user skills to an expert level.
Download course outline
This course is suitable for professionals undertaking the following roles:
- Individuals proficient with MS Project;
- Schedulers or planners;
- Individuals leading complex projects.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Create, use and customise templates.
- Customise Microsoft Project by modifying the interface, the Gantt chart, tables and views.
- Manage tasks and create a timeline.
- Manage resources and costs.
- Track the progress of a project including creating multiple baselines.
- Create customised reports.
- Face to face or virtual trainer delivered two (2) day course.
- Undertake individual and group led activities to support practical application
- Includes additional reference resources.
- Students receive certificate of completion at end of course
- Developing a baseline program – Using best practices (activity & WBS creation, calendars, duration, logical relationships and constraints etc.)
- Best practice for statusing program (As built programs and forecast for remaining works)
- Resource allocations
- Cost allocation (resource based and direct cost)
- Resource levelling
- Setting up budgets and resource baseline date
- Generating cashflows and cost profiles
- Status update of resource and cost loaded program
- Update of cost and resources for the program
- Investigating cost and resource variances and mitigation strategies
- Earned value management and cost reporting
There are currently no openings available for this course.