This two day course covers the more advanced aspects of managing projects. Projects form an integral part of any business model and this dictates that they must be completed on time and within budget to reap maximum benefits from the project outcome. Through case studies and interactive discussions, this course will deliver a comprehensive knowledge of essential techniques for the successful, cost-effective management of projects.
Download course outline
This course is suitable for professionals undertaking the following roles:
- Project manager (generic and industry-specific)
- Project leader
- Project team leader
- Project contract
- Manager project
- Vendor manager
Participants in this course are expected to have an appropriate level of competency in leading and directing a project as identified with the tasks, knowledge and skills in project management.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Define scope of a project – one of the most challenging project management tasks
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management, its application and context within organisations
- Understand different phases of project management lifecycle and activities to be completed in each phase
- Understand and describe inter-relationship between project scope, time, cost, quality, and risk
- Understand fundamental areas in project planning process: scope, time, cost, risk, quality, procurement, communication, human resource, and integration management
- Explain importance of project monitoring and control processes
- Articulate importance of project closure process
- Face to face or virtual trainer delivered two (2) day course.
- Undertake individual and group led activities to support practical application
- Includes additional reference resources.
- Students receive certificate of completion at end of course
- Project and strategic planning
- Standards in project management
- Project goals, objectives and success factors
- Projects and organisational structure
- Project management process groups and knowledge areas
- Project initiation process including project charter
- Project management plan
- Project scope management and project time management
- Gantt Chart and critical path techniques
- Project cost, human resources, risk, quality and procurement management
- Project monitoring and control
- Scope, cost and schedule control
- Project performance measurement
- Stakeholder management
There are currently no openings available for this course.