ITIL® 4 Foundation
ITIL® 4 is designed to help organisations overcome the increasing challenges of today's complex digital developments. It provides skills and strategic foundations that empower Service Professionals and IT Professionals to successfully integrate their resources and capabilities into a seamless business service offering.
This course is designed to complement and upgrade skills earned through ITIL® v3.
By the end of this course you will confidently be able to:
- Provide valuable input on integrating IT with business requirements
- Adopt agile operational processes
- Efficiently interact between clients and providers
- Create seamless operational transformations and transitions
The ITIL® Foundation certification will give you the essential knowledge about service management, how it can be executed to enhance the quality of service management within an organisation and adequately contribute to business value.
It targets both professionals in service provision roles as well as IT professionals such as:
- Business managers
- Business process owners
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- Supervisory staff
- Service Desk staff
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT security managers
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation Certificate. However, upon its successful completion, this Foundation course is a pre-requisite for more advanced ITIL® 4 courses.
The teaching methodology of this training course combines face to face learning and engaging role play scenarios. The course is intended to be practical and interactive.
Course Exam and Certification
- Certification: ITIL® 4 Foundation
- Exam: 60 minutes
- Duration: 2 or 3 days
- Questions: 40 multiple choice
- Materials: Course materials + exam
- Materials permitted in exam: None/Closed book
- Practice: Service Management
- Pass mark: 65% or raw score of ≥ 26 marks
- What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People - DEDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other practices: Facilitated Workshops, Modelling and Interactive Development