Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is the most powerful, robust and easy-to-use solution for globally prioritizing, planning, managing and executing projects, programs and portfolios. Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is an integrated project portfolio management (PPM) solution comprising role-specific functionality to satisfy each team member’s needs, responsibilities and skills.
It provides a single solution for managing projects of any size and adapts to various levels of complexity within a project. In addition, it intelligently scales to meet the needs of various roles, functions or skill levels in an organization and on a project team.
This course is equally beneficial for beginners and intermediate users of primavera with deep insight into Primavera P6. It broadly covers basic and intermediate features of Primavera but also includes the introduction of some advanced features. This course provides full expertise to the users for complete project schedule creation from scratch, maintenance, analysis, update and reporting by the use of Primavera P6.
Download course outline
- Must have P6 Primavera software installed on your own laptop and bring the laptop to class
This course is suitable for professionals undertaking the following roles:
- Project managers
- Project planning & control managers
- Planning and scheduling engineers
- Project planner and scheduler
- Project control engineers
- Project team members
- Project team leaders
- Project coordinators
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Ability to create and manage project enterprise structure within Primavera P6 database
- Create project work breakdown structure
- Develop resource loaded or simple project schedule
- Manage the project time frame related constraints
- Estimate the required man-hours for various activities up to total project by resource assignment
- Updating the baseline program for monitoring slippage and delays
- Reporting critical tasks and developing various structured reports
- Organizing data by use of codes
- Linking other project data files to related project activities defined in Primavera P6.
- Face to face or virtual trainer delivered two day course.
- Undertake individual and group led activities to support practical application
- Includes additional reference resources.
- Students receive certificate of completion at end of course
- Starting up and navigation
- Creating a new project
- Defining calendars
- Creating a Primavera project WBS
- Adding activities and organising under the WBS
- Formatting the display
- Adding relationships
- Schedule Creation & Activity network view
- Organizing Primavera Data
- Use of Filters
- Printing and reports
- Updating a schedule (nonresourced)
- Creating roles and resources
- Assigning resources and expenses
- Resource optimisation
- Base lining the project plan
- Updating a resourced schedule
- Primavera Workshop 7 – Adding activities