Risk Management in Oil and Gas Fields
Face-to-face duration: 5 days
This five (5) day course provides participants with the fundamentals, tools and techniques as well as a practical application and approach for: oil and gas field risk planning; identifying and analysing oil and gas field risk issues; developing oil and gas field risk handling strategies; and monitoring progress in implementing risk handling strategies.
The course provides a systematic process, detailing methods and processes to manage risks and seize opportunities related to the achievement of an organisation’s objectives
- Plan for oil and gas field risks.
- Identify threats and opportunities and weigh their relative value.
- Control multiple risks using limited strategies.
- Plan response to risks.
- Risk assessment and response development.
- Make risk and opportunity integral components of plans.
- A practical, seven-step process to manage oil and gas field risks.
- The use of risk registers.
- The use of decision trees.
- Analyse rank and prioritise risks.
- Overcome psychological barriers to risk in stakeholders (internal and external).
- A thorough understanding of oil and gas field risks, managing oil and gas field risks and systems used to manage and treat these risks.
- Development of a risk management culture in the oil and gas fields.
- Embedding risk management within the oil and gas fields culture.
- Influencing oil and gas field culture and providing strategic direction in risk management.
- Overview of oil and gas field risk management process.
- Risk management frameworks including ISO, GRC.
- Oil and gas field risk management process lessons learnt.
- Oil and gas field risk planning, identification and analysis.
- The decision tree.
- Risk handling and monitoring.
- Group discussion.
- Case studies.
- Individual and group activities.
- Experiential and practical.
- Short lecture sessions.
- Templates and checklists.
This five (5) day course has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning.
Participants will also receive a state of the art student manual with all reference materials, PowerPoint presentations and activities.