Face-to-face duration: 3 days
This three (3) day course aims to introduce PRINCE2 project management methodology through a series of practical activities and also to prepare candidates for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification Examination.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) 2nd version is an effective, structured, project management method that covers the organisation, management and control of projects.
- Understand and apply PRINCE2 in the work environment
- Increase consistency in the way projects are delivered
- Gain a thorough understanding of core principles, themes and processes required to deliver projects with certainty
- Achieve greater awareness and involvement in project justification, governance and escalation
- Understand proactive risk management
- Preparation for the examination
This workshop is for people who already have some thorough knowledge and practical experience in the application of project management principles.
- Introduction to the PRINCE2 project management methodology
- Competent understanding of PRINCE2 through a series of practical activities
- Preparation for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification Examination
- Project management principles
- Understanding risk
- Starting up a project
- Project governance
- Project definition
- Project closure
The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam is a 1-hour closed book, multiple-choice exam. There are 75 questions (including 5 trial questions not counted in scores). Candidates must score 50% or more out of the available 70 marks to pass the exam.
Note: Homework and evening study is highly recommended to prepare for the exam.
Institute of Management is an APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation and will conduct the exam on behalf of APMG.
APMG exam terms and conditions apply to this course. Please familiarise yourself with these by visiting: http://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
- Overview Refresher of Project Management Principles
- Projects in context
- PRINCE2 in 10 minutes
- Roles and responsibilities - organisation
- Project Justification - Business Case
- Opportunities and Threats - Risk
- Scoping a Project - Starting Up a Project
- Project Governance - Directing a Project and Progress
- Planning in PRINCE2 - Plans
- Fitness for Purpose - Quality
- Defining a Project - Initiating a Project
- Iterations - Managing a Stage Boundary
- Day-to-day Control - Controlling a Stage and Managing Product Delivery
- Protecting Project Assets - Change
- Controlled Closure - Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Summary
- Exam Technique
- Foundation Examination