Face-to-face duration: 3 days
The strength of PRINCE2 lies in the areas of project direction and project management whereas agile has a very strong focus on product delivery. When PRINCE2 and agile are combined, project direction, project management and project delivery are all optimised to create the world's most complete project management solution.
PRINCE2 Agile is the most up-to-date and relevant view of agile project management methods, and the only framework covering a wide range of agile concepts, including Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup.
This 3-day course provides each participant with an understanding of the PRINCE2 Agile extension for PRINCE2 Practitioners.
This course will enable candidates to:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2 and agile ways of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the agile focus areas to a project
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
- Be fully prepared to sit the PRINCE2 Agile examination.
Participants must have successfully completed the PRINCE2 Practitioner course.
The course has been structured to be delivered over three (3) interactive days and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.
The PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Exam is a 2Â½ hour, open manual, scenario-based multiple choice objective style exam. The candidate must provide responses to 50 questions worth 1 mark each. The candidate must score 30 marks or more to pass the exam. (60% pass mark).
Note: Homework and evening study is highly recommended to prepare for the exam.
Institute of Management is an APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation and will conduct the exam on behalf of APMG.
APMG exam terms and conditions apply to this course. Please familiarise yourself with these by visiting: https://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
- Projects and BAU
- An overview of agile
- Blending PRINCE2 and agile together
- The Hexagon (incl. MoSCoW prioritisation)
- Starting up a project;
- Initiating a project (including the Business Case, value assessment and Cynefin approach)
- Requirements and user stories
- Servant leadership
- Principles and behaviours
- The Agilometer and the Risk Theme
- Managing product delivery (incl. Scrum, plans and progress, estimation, burn charts, interim releases and work packages)
- Quality (including Definition of Done)
- Controlling a stage and managing a stage boundary (Incl. frequent releases and retrospectives)
- Directing a project
- Closing a project
- Management products
- Communication (including workshops)
- Lean Startup
- General guidance (Incl. Health Check, transitioning, project manager tips)
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam.
Institute of Management is a reseller of PRINCE2 Agile™ through Aspire Australasia Pty Ltd trading as Inspiring Projects ABN 63 122 098 686