Managing Benefits™ Foundation
Face-to-face duration: 2 days
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Managing Benefits guidance to be able to work effectively with (or as a member of) a portfolio, programme or project management team charged with realising the benefits of a change initiative.
Foundation level aims to measure whether a candidate understands the benefits management principles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities and documents, specifically to know and understand the:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics
- Principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based
- Five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
This course is aimed at those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives. It is also suitable for change leaders, change initiators, change enablers, support staff, business change and benefits managers and operational staff.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however some exposure to the portfolio, programme or project management domains would be useful.
- Understand what is meant by benefits management
- Understand the seven principles of benefits management
- Understand the five practices in the benefits management cycle
- Understand how to apply benefits management at a collective or portfolio level
- Understand how to get started in implementing effective benefits management practices and how to sustain progress
- Preparation for the Foundation exam.
The course has been structured to be delivered over two (2) interactive days and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.
The Managing Benefits Foundation Exam is a 40 minute closed book exam. There are 50 multiple choice questions.
The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
Note: Homework and evening study is highly recommended to prepare for the exam.
Institute of Management is an APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation and will conduct the exam on behalf of APMG.
APMG exam terms and conditions apply to this course. Please familiarise yourself with these by visiting: http://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
- Overview of benefits management
- Principles of benefits management
- Practice 1: Identify and quantify
- Practice 2: Value and appraise
- Practice 3: Plan
- Read APMG Advice to Foundation Candidates
- Read the Overview and summaries of Chapters 8-11
- Attempt the sample Foundation paper
- Practice 4: Realise
- Practice 5: Review
- Portfolio-based application
- Implementing and sustaining progress
- Course closure
- Managing Benefits Foundation Exam
Institute of Management is a reseller of Managing Benefits™ Foundation through Aspire Australasia Pty Ltd trading as Inspiring Projects ABN 63 122 098 686