P3O® - Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices - Practitioner
Face-to-face duration: 2 days
Project, Programme and Portfolio Office (P3O) is one of the core elements in the Best Management Practice suite of guidance. A P3O model provides a decision enabling/delivery support structure for all change within an organisation.
This may be provided through a single permanent office which may exist under several different names e.g. Portfolio Office, Centre of Excellence, Enterprise or Corporate Programme Office, Project Management Office or Project Support. It may otherwise be provided through a linked set of offices (portfolio office, programme offices, project offices), both permanent (enabling/supporting business objectives and consistency of delivery) and temporary (enabling/supporting specific programmes and projects), providing a mix of central and localised services.
This two-day course covers the P3O guidance at Practitioner level and ensures that candidates can integrate and apply P3O concepts. It provides coaching/practice questions to prepare for the specific requirements of the P3O Practitioner examination.
This course will enable candidates to:
- Build on their Foundation-level understanding of the principles and terminology of P3O best practice and be able to demonstrate that they have a full understanding of how to justify, build and manage a P3O
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O
- Build the right P3O model to adapt to the organisation's needs, taking account of its size and portfolio programme and project management maturity
- Plan the implementation of a P3O
- Understand how to use the tools and techniques described in P3O in running the P3O model and shaping the portfolio of programmes and projects.
- Anyone with an interest in managing or working in a component of a P3O.
- Support staff seeking a formal certification.
Candidates must have passed the P3O Foundation exam.
The course has been structured to be delivered over two (2) interactive days and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2¼ hour, open manual, scenario-based multiple choice exam. The exam consists of 70 objective-style questions across 7 syllabus areas presented in the following styles: classical multiple choice; yes/no; multiple response; matching; sequencing; assertion/reason. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
Note: Homework and evening study is highly recommended to prepare for the exam.
Institute of Management is an APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation and will conduct the exam on behalf of APMG.
APMG exam terms and conditions apply to this course. Please familiarise yourself with these by visiting: http://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
- Introducing the scenario.
- Review of P3O.
- Introducing the Practitioner exam.
- Identifying and defining a P3O.
- Planning and justifying a P3O.
- Tools and techniques.
- Practice questions.
- Creating a temporary P3O.
- Practice questions.
- Seminar closure; private study.
- Practitioner examination.
P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Institute of Management is a reseller of P3O® - Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices through Aspire Australasia Pty Ltd trading as Inspiring Projects. ABN 63 122 098 686.