MSP® - Managing Successful Programmes - Practitioner
Face-to-face duration: 2 days
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide to programme management. The MSP Practitioner course provides each participant with a Practitioner-level understanding of how to apply MSP in realistic project scenarios and adapt MSP to different programme environments.
The course is scenario based, and focuses on the application of MSP under different programme environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all MSP elements are included throughout the training.
By the end of the Practitioner course candidates will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of programme management, in accordance with the MSP method
- Set up and manage complex programmes, tailoring MSP while ensuring effective integration of projects
- Monitor the objectives of a programme and make the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment; and
- Will be fully prepared for the Practitioner Exam.
- Experienced programme managers who need to be able to work effectively in an MSP environment
- Senior project managers seeking to advance to programme management
- Centre of excellence staff and strategy implementation planners who need a solid understanding of MSP to tailor the method for their organisations
- Project and programme support staff wishing to learn how to operate effectively in an MSP environment
- Anyone wishing to round out their resume with a formal, internationally recognised programme management certification
Participants must have previously completed the MSP Foundation course and passed the Foundation Exam to sit the Practitioner Exam.
The course has been structured to be delivered over two (2) interactive days and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.
The course is scenario based, and focuses on the application of MSP under different programme environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all MSP elements are included throughout the training. There will be homework each evening.
The MSP Practitioner Exam is a 2.5-hour open book exam (MSP Guide only), using objective test questions that require candidates to choose one response to a question from a set of choices. Candidates must provide responses to 8 questions presented in the following styles: typical multiple choice; yes/no; multiple response; matching; sequencing; assertion/reason.
Candidates must score 50% (40 marks or more) out of the available 80 marks to pass the exam.
Note: Homework and evening study is highly recommended to prepare for the exam.
Institute of Management is an APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation and will conduct the exam on behalf of APMG.
APMG exam terms and conditions apply to this course. Please familiarise yourself with these by visiting: http://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
- Review the SuperCare Case Study activities
- Complete the remaining activities
- Introducing the Practitioner exam; exam technique
- Sample Practitioner-style questions
- Complete remaining sample questions
- Individual final preparation
- Exam set-up and administration
- Practitioner Exam