MSP® - Managing Successful Programmes - Foundation
Face-to-face duration: 3 days
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide to programme management. The Foundation course provides participants with a solid understanding of MSP concepts. The Foundation Certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner Certification.
The training is a scenario-based course focusing on the application of MSP under different programme environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all MSP elements are included throughout the training.
This course will enable candidates to:
- Understand MSP integrated elements and their relationships, building on the candidate's own experience and knowledge of large-scale change
- Understand the benefits thread through MSP which ensures that the entire programme is predicated and focused on realisation of benefits
- Understand how MSP could be applied in real-life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment
- Receive careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
- Experienced programme managers who need to be able to work effectively in an MSP environment
- Senior project managers seeking to advance to programme management
- Centre of excellence staff who need a solid understanding of MSP to tailor the method for their organisations
- Strategy implementation planners who need an effective framework for planning and implementing major transformational change
- Project and programme support staff wishing to learn how to operate effectively in an MSP environment
- Anyone wishing to round out their resume with a formal, internationally recognised programme management certification
- Project managers and programme office staff keen to develop their skills and identify opportunities for further career advancement.
There are no prerequisites for the course; however some exposure to programme management concepts would be useful.
- The principles of programme management
- The governance themes (knowledge areas) of MSP
- The MSP transformational flow
- Adopting MSP
The course has been structured to be delivered over three (3) interactive days and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.
The MSP Foundation Exam is a 1-hour, closed book, multiple-choice exam. There are 75 questions (including 5 trial questions not counted in scores). Candidates must score 50% or more out of the available 70 marks to pass the exam.
Note: Homework and evening study is highly recommended to prepare for the exam.
Institute of Management is an APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation and will conduct the exam on behalf of APMG.
APMG exam terms and conditions apply to this course. Please familiarise yourself with these by visiting: http://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
- Programmes in context
- Identifying a programme
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Quality and assurance management
- Defining a programme
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Managing the tranches
- Delivering the capability
- Realising the benefits
- Adopting MSP
- Foundation Examination