Face to face duration: 3 days
This three (3) day course covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to successfully develop supervisory skills that enable participants to set business objectives, manage relationships, build high team performance and to plan and organise work.
Learn how to apply the latest in management thinking including leadership and motivation to manage teams effectively, create a positive environment and to resolve conflict.
- Identify management functions to reach organisational effectiveness.
- Promote exceptionally high team performance.
- Build and sustain working relationships.
- Delegate and assign work effectively.
- Create a new mindset and apply tactics for innovative solutions.
- Discuss contemporary types of organisations and structures in terms of globalisation.
- Conduct SWOT analysis and identify critical success factors (CSF).
- Describe types of organisational behaviours and teams.
- Increase effectiveness as a leader and motivate individuals.
- Create a win-win approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Promote leadership in the workplace and delegate effectively.
- Set and reach personal and team objectives linked to organisational goals.
- Understand stages of conflict and increase confidence in dealing with objections.
- Manage time, priorities tasks and projects.
- Management models and organisational development (OD).
- Time management matrix including Stephen Covey and 80:20 principle.
- The art of networking, group processes and group dynamics.
- Principles of creative process and time management.
- Motivation models including needs and reinforcement theories.
- Creative problem solving including the ‘Six Hats’.
- Building trust and practising the art of empathy.
- The power of stories, graphs, and colour and tapping into the five senses.
- Aspiring team members and team leaders.
- Templates and checklists.
- Group exercises.
- Practical and experiential.
- Facilitator-led discussions.
This three (3) day course has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning.
Participants will also receive a state-of-the-art student manual with all reference material, PowerPoint presentations and activities.
Identify management functions to reach organisational effectiveness
- Analyse organisational structure and apply effective management skills.
- Critically analyse vision and mission of an organisation.
- Provide leadership qualities to team and individuals.
Promote exceptionally high team performance
- Identify and link Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to team performance.
- Provide and access individual developmental plan (IDP).
- Regularly review and improve workplace outcomes.
- Motivate team members and reward for meeting expected performance.
Build and sustain working relationships
- Develop trust and confidence creating value to both organisations, team and community.
- Use organisation’s ethical standards to develop effective relationships.
- Communicate effectively and assign learning and development opportunities.
Delegate and assign work effectively
- Apply time management using effective tools and techniques.
- Delegate tasks using goal-setting model.
- Empower employees to achieve tasks competently.
- Give feedback and reward high performance.
Create a new mindset and apply tactics for innovative solutions
- Create an inspiring language for solving problems and decision making.
- Correlate appreciative inquiry as a change model.
- Negotiate outcomes applying a win-win approach.