Manage Organisational Change
Face to face duration: 3 days
This three (3) day course covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to successfully manage change and shape a set of collectively shared values, beliefs and norms to modify individual goals so that collective action is guided towards organisational goals.
The course is designed for managers who want to adopt a strong culture and instill in their employees a desire to own change.
- Foster an environment conducive to change.
- Identify the correlation between change and conflict.
- Identify and mitigate risks when dealing with obstacles to managing change.
- Implement an action plan for change.
- Assist team to shift their mental context to be receptive to change.
- Strategies to deal with resistance to change.
- Learn the transition curve of personal change.
- Identify opportunities for improved work practices and inter-personal behaviours.
- Apply a process of change management.
- Champion change and ensure it is monitored and evaluated.
- Promote and reward change advocates in the organisation.
- Foster innovative work practices and celebrate small wins based on change.
- Realign systems and desired behaviours to sustain change.
- Change management theories including Lewin’s model and Kotter’s model.
- Understand the nature of change and self-renewal.
- Define individual paradigm and express motivation to change.
- Organisational culture and the power of ‘vision statement’.
- An experimental learning model to internalise new behaviours.
- The process of transformation and motivation that deals with uncertainty.
- Persuasive communication.
- Attributes of highly effective change agents.
- Managers and leaders who are responsible for managing change.
- Templates and checklists.
- Group exercises.
- Practical and experiential
- Facilitator-led discussions.
This three (3) day course has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning.
Participants will also receive a state-of-the-art student manual with all reference material, PowerPoint presentations and activities.
Foster an environment conducive to change
- Define the nature of change management in an organisation.
- Discuss the leaders’ role in change management.
- Establish strategic and structural context for change
Identify the correlation between change and conflict
- Define the causes of conflict and the cost of unresolved conflicts in organisations.
- Discuss how change may cause stress between team and individuals.
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of organisational conflict.
- Encourage constructive negotiation to resolve conflict and release negative emotions.
- Address organisational change through people and teams.
- Accelerate team evolution towards change
Identify and mitigate risks when dealing with obstacles to manage change
- Identify and highlight risks including negative effects on people.
- Inform stakeholders of risks and communicate effectively.
- Build and maintain positive attitudes towards change.
- Review and internalise the changes into new behaviours.
- Activities throughout the module.
Implement a change plan
- Confidently communicate change with greater inspiration.
- Assess impact of change on everyday activities.
- Empower people to embrace change.
- Develop teams who are passionate about achieving the end goal.
- Celebrate wins and personal development when change is successful.
- Activities throughout the module.