Diploma of Leadership and Management - BSB51915
Face-to-face duration: 10 days
Nominal hours: 700 hours (80 hours face to face + 620 hours self-paced learning and assessment)
Qualification completion timeframe: 12 months
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
The course will provide managers with the tools to display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, leading and implementing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking in such a dynamic environment.
- Managers and leaders who aspire to become great leaders, and excel in critical thinking and creative solutions
- Aspiring senior managers and strategic decision makers
- Existing managers who would like to develop a broad management and leadership skills beyond their discipline
Units of Competency
- Develop and use emotional intelligence - BSBLDR501
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development - BSBWOR501
- Manage operational plan - BSBMGT517
- Facilitate continuous improvement - BSBMGT516
- Lead and manage team effectiveness - BSBWOR502
- Undertake project work - BSBPMG522
- Manage risk - BSBRSK501
- Develop and manage performance-management processes - BSBHRM512
- Manage people performance - BSBMGT502
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships - BSBLDR502
- Manage quality customer service - BSBCUS501
- Communicate with influence - BSBLDR503
This course includes foundation skills as prescribed in each unit of competency. Foundation skills are a combination of English language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) - listening, speaking, reading, digital literacy and use of mathematical ideas, together with employability skills such as collaboration, problem solving, self-management, learning, and information and communication technology (ICT) skills required for participation in modern workplaces and contemporary life.
The course will be delivered as ten (10) days of face-to-face workshops and will be led by our experienced trainers.
Each session contains a student workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides as well as the formal assessment.
We offer participants up to 12 months to complete the Institute of Management Diploma of Leadership and Management - BSB51915 qualification. The course can be completed earlier depending on experience and/or recognition of prior learning.
RPL and Credit Transfer
Institute of Management can formally recognise a student's existing level of skills and knowledge in two ways:
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- Credit transfer.
The objective of the assessment process is to help students consolidate and build on the formal learning delivery of the Diploma of Leadership and Management course, through the application of learning into their current or future work role.
These assessments are designed to cover a range of skills and knowledge required to demonstrate achievement of the course objectives. Our aim is to collect workplace evidence on a number of occasions and in a variety of contexts and situations.
- Develop the skills to optimise the performance of your team.
- Understand key elements of an operational plan and how to implement it.
- Organise and monitor own workload and the workload of others.
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships.
- Apply communication tools and techniques.
- Apply human resources techniques.
Requirements to Receive the Qualification
This course requires the completion of twelve (12) units of competency made up of 4 core units plus 8 elective units.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Pathways from the Qualification
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
Introduction to Diploma of Leadership and Management - BSB51915
Develop and use emotional intelligence - BSBLDR501
- Identify the impact of own emotions on others in the workplace
- Recognise and appreciate the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others
- Promote the development of emotional intelligence in others
- Utilise emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes
Manage personal work priorities and professional development - BSBWOR501
Manage operational plan - BSBMGT517
- Establish personal work goals
- Set and meet own work priorities
- Develop and maintain professional competence
- Develop operational plan
- Plan and manage resource acquisition
- Monitor and review operational performance
Facilitate continuous improvement - BSBMGT516
- Lead continuous improvement systems and processes
- Monitor and adjust performance strategies
- Manage opportunities for further improvement
Lead and manage team effectiveness - BSBWOR502
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
Undertake project work - BSBPMG522
- Define project and develop a project plan
- Administer and monitor the project
- Finalise and review the project
Manage risk - BSBRSK501
- Establish risk context
- Identify risks
- Analyse risks
- Select and implement treatments
Develop and manage performance-management processes - BSBHRM512
Manage people performance - BSBMGT502
- Develop integrated performance-management processes
- Facilitate the implementation of performance-management processes
- Coordinate individual or group learning and development
- Allocate work
- Assess performance
- Provide feedback
- Manage follow up
Lead and manage effective workplace relationships â€“ BSBLDR502
- Manage ideas and information
- Establish systems to develop trust and confidence
- Manage the development and maintenance of networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
Manage quality customer service - BSBCUS501
- Plan to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Ensure delivery of quality products and services
- Monitor, adjust and review customer service
Communicate with influence â€“ BSBLDR503
- Communicate clearly
- Present and negotiate persuasively
- Participate in and lead, meetings effectively
- Make presentations at meetings, forums and conferences