Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - BSB42015
Face-to-face duration: 8 days
Nominal hours: 540 hours (64 hours face-to-face + 478 hours self-paced learning and assessment)
Qualification completion timeframe: 12 months
This qualification is intended for individuals working in the first line of management in a wide range of organisational and industry contexts.
Managers such as supervisors and team leaders play an important role in maintaining positive relationships in internal and external relationships. They may already have technical qualifications but need to develop effective people skills and take some responsibility for the performance of their team.
This course will equip participants with the essential knowledge, skills and attributes to manage and lead effectively in the workplace.
Developing and emerging leaders and managers seeking formal recognition of their skill set.
Individuals who have completed a Team Leader Skill Set or similar and are looking to expand their skill set.
Units of Competency
- Communicate effectively as a workplace leader - BSBLDR401
- Lead effective workplace relationships - BSBLDR402
- Lead team effectiveness - BSBLDR403
- Implement operational plan - BSBMGT402
- Promote innovation in a team environment - BSBINN301
- Identify risk and apply risk management processes - BSBRSK401
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements - BSBWHS401
- Develop work priorities - BSBWOR404
- Make a presentation - BSBCMM401
- Address customer needs - BSBCUS402
- Develop teams and individuals - BSBLED401
- Undertake project work - BSBPMG522
This course includes foundation skills as prescribed in each unit of competency. Foundation skills are a combination of English language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) - listening, speaking, reading, digital literacy and use of mathematical ideas, together with employability skills such as collaboration, problem solving, self-management, learning, and information and communication technology (ICT) skills required for participation in modern workplaces and contemporary life.
The course will be delivered over eight (8) days of face-to-face workshops and will beled by our experienced trainers.
Each session contains a participant workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides as well as the formal assessment.
We offer students up to 12 months to complete the Institute of Management Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - BSB42015 qualification. The course can be completed earlier depending on experience and recognition of prior learning.
RPL and Credit Transfer
Institute of Management can formally recognise a student's existing level of skills and knowledge in two ways:
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- Credit transfer.
The objective of the assessment process is to help students consolidate and build on the formal learning delivery of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management course, through the application of learning into their current or future work role.
These assessments are designed to cover a range of skills and knowledge required to demonstrate achievement of the course objectives. Our aim is to collect workplace evidence on a number of occasions and in a variety of contexts and situations.
After completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to others
- Assume some responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of their team and its work outcomes
- Apply relevant knowledge and skills in a range of management initiatives to guide their team, including WHS, workplace operations, team building, customer service, project management and risk management.
Requirements to Receive the Qualification
This course requires the completion of twelve (12) units of competency made up of 4 core units plus 8 elective units, which contain the prescribed foundation skills.
Pathways from the Qualification
Diploma of Leadership and Management - BSB51915
Introduction to CERT IV in Leadership and Management
Communicate effectively as a workplace leader - BSBLDR401
Lead effective workplace relationships - BSBLDR402
Lead team effectiveness - BSBLDR403
Implement operational plan - BSBMGT402
Promote innovation in a team environment - BSBINN301
Identify risk and apply risk management processes - BSBRSK401
Develop teams and individuals - BSBLED401
Develop work priorities - BSBWOR404
Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements -
Address customer needs - BSBCUS402
Make a presentation - BSBCMM401
Undertake project work - BSBPMG522