Face to face duration: 3 days
This three (3) day course covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to successfully prepare assessment tools and conduct assessments.
This is a critical course for assessors and trainers who wish to begin conducting a valid competencies assessment.
- Model the behaviours of highly effective assessors.
- Prepare for assessments.
- Gather quality evidence.
- Assess competencies.
- Identify and assess skills gap based on organisation assessment.
- Assess personal preferences.
- Code of ethics for trainers and assessors.
- Accelerate the learning environment through action learning.
- Tap into the five senses.
- Improve verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Improve confidence.
- Develop skills assessment.
- Become culturally sensitive.
- Empower positive group dynamics.
- Principles of adult learning.
- Assessment models.
- The power of body language.
- Job functional analysis.
- Competency standards and benchmarks.
- Types of evidence.
- Principles of assessment.
- Observation and questioning techniques.
- Rules of evidence.
- Constructive feedback model.
- Trainers, assessors and coaches.
- Supervisors and leaders who may get involved in training.
- Individual and group activities.
- Short lecture sessions.
- Practical and experiential.
- Role play.
This three (3) day course has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning.
Participants will also receive a state-of-the-art student manual with all reference materials, PowerPoint presentations and activities.
Model the behaviours of highly effective assessors
- Establish the attributes of exceptional assessors.
- Define the exceptional learning environment.
- Use adult learning principles and theories to maximise benefits.
Prepare for assessment
- Confirm organisation and legal requirements.
- Provide relevant benchmarks.
- Identify resources and organise support if needed.
- Discuss with employees and agree on details for the assessment plan.
Gather quality evidence
- Use agreed assessment methods to communicate types of evidence.
- Apply principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
- Support the candidate and ensure ethical and professional conduct.
Conduct the assessment and make decision
- Conduct the assessment in accordance with organisation requirements.
- Evaluate competency and make the assessment decision.
- Provide feedback and develop follow-up with an action plan if required.