Managing Change in Local Government
Face to face: 1 day (also ½ day or 2 day option)
Managing Change in Local Government aims to provide participants with the fundamental skills and knowledge required to successfully manage change within local government organisations. It covers all the facets of leading and facilitating change with a focus on current local government change drivers.
The course will provide participants with practical methods, tools and techniques to lead change more effectively and give more certainty around achieving the benefits of the change.
This one (1) day course is highly practical, blending theory with activities to aid learning.
Participants will understand:
- principles of change management in the organisational context
- change management framework and how to integrate with project management
- aspects for leading change, established change frameworks and models to lead change
- application of Kotter’s eight steps
- effects of change on the individual and how to facilitate change by engaging effectively with stakeholders
- use of structured organisational impact assessment to determine the nature of the change and what will be required to change
- psychology behind changing behaviour in organisations - why people resist change and the steps that help people move towards successful change
- use of a structured approach to designing and managing the change interventions required to successfully bring about the change
- key aspects of a change management plan
- key requirements for building resilience in change.
This course is targeted at those who are employed as:
- change manager
- change analyst
- business analyst
- business improvement officer/manager
- line manager
- team leader
- project manager
- project team member
- senior manager
- Organisational change context.
- Leading change.
- Leading change - Kotter model.
- Facilitating change.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Organisational impacts.
- Change psychology.
- Change management interventions.
- Change resilience.
The course will be delivered over one (1) interactive day and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes all reference material, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.