Leading People Through Change
Face to face: 1 day
Leading People through Change aims to provide participants with the fundamental skills and knowledge required to successfully lead change within an organisation. It covers what change management is, and uses Kotter’s eight-step model as its basis to explain how to apply leadership of the change.
The course will provide participants with practical methods, tools and techniques to lead change more effectively and give more certainty around achieving the benefits of the change.
This one (1) day course is highly practical, blending theory with activities to aid learning.
Participants will understand:
- change management in the organisational context and why so many change efforts fail
- the personal nature of change and how to connect at the individual level
- the Kotter approach for leading successful change
- how to create a sense of urgency for the change
- the need for a change coalition to help lead the change
- the role of vision in change and how to communicate it
- the need for short-term wins and making change stick
- stakeholder management and how to apply stakeholder management tools and techniques.
This course is targeted at those who are employed as:
- change manager
- change director
- business improvement manager
- line manager
- team leader
- program manager
- senior manager
- transformation lead.
- Overview of organisational change management.
- Kotter’s 8 steps to managing change.
- Creating a sense of urgency.
- Forming a change coalition.
- Managing vs leading change.
- Identifying stakeholders and their concerns.
- Communicating a vision.
- Creating and communicating short-term wins.
- Making change stick.
The course will be delivered over one (1) interactive day and will be led by our experienced trainers. Participants will receive a student workbook that includes all reference material, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides.