Change Management for Project Managers
Face to face: 1 day
More and more, project managers are being asked to provide the change management aspect in delivering projects. Change Management for Project Managers is designed to provide project managers with the fundamental skills and knowledge to successfully manage the people change component.
Applied within the structure of a project, it covers what change management is, how to lead and facilitate change, the change framework and the human skills required. It aligns the change management activities with the project lifecycle structure.
The course will provide participants with practical tools and techniques to manage change projects more effectively and give more certainty for achieving the benefits of the change.
This one (1) day course is highly practical, blending theory with activities to aid learning.
- Understand change management in the organisational and project context.
- Understand the aspects for leading change and use established change frameworks and models to lead
- Understand the effects of change on the individual and facilitate change by engaging effectively with
- Use structured organisational impact assessment to determine the nature of the change and what will be
required to change.
- Understand psychology behind changing behaviour in organisations. Understand why people resist
change and the steps that help people move towards successful change.
- Use a structured approach for designing and managing the change interventions throughout the project
- Understand the key aspects of a change management plan.
- Understand the human skills required to apply change management.
- Project manager
- Project officer
- Project director
- Business improvement practitioner/manager
- Organisational change context
- Leading change through projects
- Facilitating change
- Organisational impacts
- Change psychology
- Change management interventions
- Human skills for change managers
The course will be delivered as a one (1) day interactive workshop led by our experienced trainers.
The workshop contains a student workbook, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and a series of PowerPoint slides.