BSB40515 - Certificate IV in Business Administration
Face-to-face duration: 8 days
Qualification completion timeframe: 12 months
This qualification is suited to a range of individuals who use well-developed administrative skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of administrative contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources.
They may provide leadership and guidance to others.
This course will equip students with the essential knowledge, specialised administrative skills and attributes to manage and administer business activities effectively in the workplace.
Units of Competency
- BSBADM405 - Organise meetings
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- BSBINM401 - Implement workplace information system
- BSBITU401 - Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBWRT401 - Write complex documents
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 - Address customer needs
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- Office administrators (including accounts clerks, personal assistants, data entry operators, records officers, receptionists) seeking to upgrade their skills and obtain a formal qualification
- Individuals wishing to enhance their career opportunities in the business services sector
This course includes foundation skills as prescribed in each unit of competency. Foundation skills are a combination of English language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) - listening, speaking, reading, digital literacy and use of mathematical ideas, together with employability skills such as collaboration, problem solving, self-management, learning, and information and communication technology (ICT) skills required for participation in modern workplaces and contemporary life.
The course will be delivered over eight (8) days of face-to-face workshops and will be led by our experienced trainers.
Each session contains a student manual that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides as well as the formal assessment.
We offer students up to 12 months to complete the Institute of Management BSB40515 - Certificate IV in Business Administration qualification. The course can be completed earlier depending on experience and recognition of prior learning.
RPL and Credit Transfer
Institute of Management can formally recognise a student’s existing level of skills and knowledge in two ways:
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- Credit transfer
The objective of the assessment process is to help students consolidate and build on the formal learning delivery of the Certificate IV in Business Administration course, through the application of learning into their current or future work role.
The assessments are designed to cover a range of skills and knowledge required to demonstrate achievement of the course objectives. Our aim is to collect workplace evidence on several occasions and in a variety of contexts and situations.
Requirements to Receive the Qualification
This course has no core units. It requires the completion of ten (10) elective units of competency, which contain the prescribed foundation skills.
Pathways from the Qualification
Introduction to BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
BSBINM401 - Implement workplace information system
BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
BSBBITU401 - Design and develop complex text documents
BSBWRT401 - Write complex documents
BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBCUS402 - Address customer needs
BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBADM405 - Organise meetings